(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Kittens

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Kittens



Over the past few weeks I have written of the perils of Athena's three kittens getting stuck in the wall etc.

Well that was nothing on what happened when they got big enough to run out among the cows when they came in and out of the barn. They are the dumbest ost adventuresome kittens I have ever come across.

It was heart wrenching to watch them getting stomped and rolled down the barn alley every day. Liz wanted to bring them over to the horse barn, which is near the house. "Bringing things to the horse barn" is a euphemism for bringing them to the house for mom to deal with.

Despite their cuteness I respectfully declined. I already have every single barn cat but one coming to the house to cadge food from me and I really didn't want three more.

Then yesterday the boss called me when he was going out for afternoon work, "Get your camera, you have to see this."

He was right.

That green bowl is a plant dish that somehow became the back porch cat food dish, used to offer sustenance to all those "barn" cats.

I think Athena is trying to tell me something don't you? She had to lug or lead that baby through half an acre of boot-top deep mud and muck to get it here......

Ah, well, I know when I'm licked. By evening chore time she had one of the other ones over here too, and I am sure there will soon be three......


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a good thing you're licked, too. :) Much safer than getting stomped and rolled around by the cows. I recall a farmer's story of a cat that happened to be in the straw where a cow laid down. At least you won't have to deal with that ugly picture.

Can't wait to see all their faces.

Jan said...

There are a lot of things more humbling than being outsmarted by cats. A lot.

Unknown said...

Yep... there's only one excuse for keeping a female feline, period. And that's only if you're a Veterinarian! (clip-clip)

Cathy said...

You wonderful softie, you!

June said...

Athena's a smart mama.

R.Powers said...

I may not like cats, but I can still acknowledge the cuteness of kittens.
I think they have you under their spell.

threecollie said...

Akagaga, they are trekking back and forth now, getting stuck in the mud etc. Talk about the Perils of Pauline. We should name that all Pauline!

Jan, they are so smug!

Wldrbrat, well, these guys are just barn cats. Every time we invest in getting one neutered it finds a way to get killed within a week.

Cathy, lol, that is one way of looking at it...sucker is more like the reality though

June, she does know where the groceries are

FC, I just can't help but take care of things and they seem to know it.

Terry and Linda said...

Heck, I would head to your house too. I'm sure just like a Hobo mark someplace somewhere there is a sign that says....she loves animals, therefore she will love us also!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

threecollie said...

Linda...hmmmmmm...I wonder if you are right. I look in the mirror and I don't see "sucker" printed across my forehead, but maybe they do. lol