(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Skies

Monday, October 17, 2011

Skies


The view from the porch



During this year long adventure in Hell weather, or really, even longer than that, one constant has been the drama of the skies.

Poplar tree or Ferris wheel?


Crazy clouds, wild winds whipping them around, rainbows, sun dogs, you name it, we look up a lot. These occurred last Friday in between sets of soggy storms. It looked a lot like this back on the tornado day, but I didn't get good pics then.


I'm not sure if you can see it but this little rainbow was caused by the sun shining through a gap in the clouds.

9 comments:

June said...

Oh, I can see that rainbow just fine.
Keep looking up . . . it's better than concentrating on the mud.
Except if you slip and fall.

joated said...

You caused two songs to pop into my mind with this post:

Stormy Weather (obviously) and

Blue Skies ("Blue skies, 'nothin' but blue skies do I see!") (Wishful thnking?)

Nice rainbow, BTW.

Ruth said...

Nice rainbow, not caught one here yet. If it makes you feel any better you're not the only one, my yard's a swamp, complete with ankle deep mud and knee high grass because the majority of it hasn't dried out enough to mow since sometime in July.

Cathy said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!
I haven't seen skies like that in quite a while. Wonderful.

I love your comment section as much as I love the pictures :)

Earl said...

I left a comment but thanks for the pictures, Google wanted my cell phone number to chase me with.

Linda said...

LOL Now I have Joated songs running through my head!

lisa said...

That last picture was awesome. I really thought we were going to get more rain this afternoon when I went back into the school but we didn't thank goodness! We missed you Sunday!

Terry and Linda said...

OH! A rainbow! A wonderful beautiful delightful sign of HOPE!

Linda
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

threecollie said...

June, it was so much sharper than I could make it look....really pretty

Joated, hope they are songs that you like. lol and thanks

Ruth, it is such a slog, just to walk to the barn...and back...makes you tired before you even start to work

Cathy, thanks, I love the comments too. lol, a good part of my social life.

Earl, that darned Google....and thanks

LInda, better than some. I get the awful stuff the kids play in the barn stuck in my head and hear them continuously even in my sleep

Lisa, wish I could have been there. thanks

Linda, wouldn't mind a little change to go along with it. lol thanks