(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Toast

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Toast

My computer is. Typing this on Becky's laptop with much difficulty. I think my hard drive is croaking, not quite entirely gone, just mostly, so I got most of my photos backed up and shut it down. Not sure what to do about my music but......

Posting may be light and lame until I save up enough to replace the old girl. Found just the one I would like on the Walmart site, an HP with lots of memory and all, but it will be a while.

Amazingly over the course of several computers since the first little AST, I have never had a hardware failure before. We have only purchased new computers when they became too slow for newer applications. The AST actually still runs as do all the HPs in between. They just won't run today's Internet.

Guess we have been lucky....up until yesterday.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I always back my music up to another hard drive too. It's real easy if you use iTunes.

Terry and Linda said...

Shoot! I know just how horrible that is.

Linda
Http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

threecollie said...

Linda, I really wish that I had done that!

Linda, it is nasty. Thankfully Becky is letting me use hers, but I really miss mine.

Keith Wilson said...

Sorry your computer finally ran out of oil and croaked.
Cathy and I both use Carbonite.
Automatic total backup on the internet. you don't have to do anything - it does it automatically.
When we got Cath a new laptop to replace her old one, we click to download, and EVERYTHING is there magically just like before.
I think it's around $50 a year, but worth it.

threecollie said...

Keith, thanks! I have heard that advertised on Kim Komando, but had never thought of trying it myself. Sounds like I am going to wish I had used it.