(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate


Milk? This is really cool. The gentleman who played Charlie in the movie, Dr. Peter Ostrum, is an upstate NY large animal veterinarian.

I did not know this before I read the article, but Liz has met him. Anyhow, this story is fascinating and the videos are great.

I watched the one about deciding whether or not to operate on a DA in an older cow and it was amazingly well done. That is JUST what a visit to a conventional dairy by a bovine practitioner is like.

Here is a YouTube channel with many more excellent large animal medicine videos.

If you watch the one on pregnancy checking you can see just what we did yesterday, ultrasound and all. Of course we have quite a lot fewer animals, but the management is about the same, just smaller scale.


4 comments:

lisa said...

That was pretty neat! I watched the video and read the article. Awesome that Liz actually got to meet him. He probably doesn't consider himself a star ;)

Cathy said...

Very impressive. And how cool is that? From child star to veterinarian. That's some transition.

Caroline said...

I was looking for some "chocolate" trivia for the day after Halloween...and look what you gave me.
I do the weekly staff newsletter for our alternative high school, I think it is probably a lifetime appointment. I smarted off the first issue 2 years ago with some totally "out there" trivia just to liven it up. People loved it, read it first before our principal's notes, I am not allowed stop doing it now.
Any help from blogfriends is gratefully pirated, FC is a great source too.
Thanks, all.

threecollie said...

Lisa, I watched several of the videos..very well done and accurate. She says he is a real nice guy

Cathy, I loved it! Liz says some of her farms are up in his territory. She covers quite a bit of the state as a milk inspector

Caroline, happy to help. lol I get a lot of my ideas for both blogging and my newspaper column from what my Internet friends post