(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Thursday

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday

There is word of snow, anything from a major storm to something going on way south of NYC. Not gonna worry about it. 


Bookkeeping seems to be done for the week, writing is pretty much done for the week. We have a logger fella working in our woods in hopes of enough income to pay the taxes. Cows are shedding like it's their job. I groomed on Lemmie for about two minutes yesterday and got enough hair to cover the floor. They go outdoors every day, but evidently she doesn't see fit to groom herself.
Boy is still laid off and home. Liz is off to the far, far north today on her job. The kids have all been doing a lot of things to make life better around here....a lot...I won't go into detail, but many worries are off my shoulders because of the three of them. Liz even took my heavy outdoor work shirt home and washed and dried it last night just to be nice. I don't know what we would do without them.


 Above, geese on the river
Below, a curtain of ice up in Canjo, a teaser for this week's 
Sunday Stills



I generally like Thursdays, as I usually am done with the books and writing and can actually be a farmer for the day. Dunno how this one is going to go, but I guess I will head out to find out. Take care

5 comments:

lisa said...

Sounds like the farm and things are just fine.

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Reading about your family life always makes me smile. How blessed you are with good kids. And they with good parents.

Cathy said...

I've just enjoyed Lisa's and Woodswalker's comments.
They got it just right.

And being the townie that I am . . . well, I'd not considered 'cows' and 'shedding'. Duh-uh.

Do you have to brush all of them? Wow.nfe

Cathy said...

BTW . . I don't know where that 'nfe" came from. Maybe part of my word verification attempt. They're getting harder!

Terry and Linda said...

That curtain of ice is amazing! I like days that are just for me...days I get to be farmer and not doing 'stuff' that is required so I can be a farmer :(


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com