(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Redneck Landscaping

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Redneck Landscaping

Yesterday I was complaining about the lousy "yellow lilac bush" I bought at Wally World ten years ago or so. The darned thing took four years to bloom and when it finally did it had tiny, white flowers that were so not lilacs. Little things the size of your pinky and drab as dirt




 A Match for any Lilac Bush


 I have been cutting it down ever since.


As I was lamenting its pointless persistence and wishing for a flat place to set the smaller bird bath, the boy said, "I'll get it out."


Always distrust that smug tone of voice in a young man...or even in an older man. They like to do things in.....well, a big way.....


And get it out he did, with a huge, thick yellow towing strap and the weapon in the top photo.


Can anyone say overkill?


The great, big, evil lilac bush
At any rate it's gone, roots and all and when it stops snowing I can smooth the ground and move the bird bath.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm with him - I love that type of job! Always a lot of fun to do some minor landscaping or "tip pruning" as my friend @payntacow calls any gardening done with tractor and chainsaw.

lisa said...

Men and boys will be men and boys!

NumberWise said...

I laughed! Been there, done that X3.

Shirley said...

That'll be the way to get'r'done! My husband operates that way too.

Cathy said...

That s a great anecdote with perfect pixes.

Guys are great.

Makes me smile.

Terry and Linda said...

That is what I'm doing. Picking and shoveling (Digging) out my old hedge that has finally died in places. I'm sick of the weeds and I want something nice.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

threecollie said...

DMM, my husband will get the skid steer to move something that you could pick up in a shovel. lol

Lisa, you are so right...I was glad to get rid of the ugly thing though

NW, yeah, you have haven't you? lol I wanted all boys but....

Shirley, guess they all do...see above. lol

Cathy, thanks, they are, and I am so happy to have that thing gone, however it may have happened

Linda, hope it turns out well. too early to do much here, although I sure have the itch