(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Happy First Day of Spring

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy First Day of Spring

One end of the bowling green
I used to wish we could flood the bowling green in winter so the kids could skate. They loved to do so and spent hours down in town on the public rink. It seemed such a shame to have this perfect depression in the ground, just begging to be filled with water and frozen, where they could have had a serious amount of fun.


Part of the other end

However, we pay for our water out here and it isn't cheap. So it never happened.

Fast forward to the ridiculous winter of excess, 2013, 2014. Kids are grown and all gone but Beck and she is way past too busy to skate.

Now the silly thing is full of lovely ice just begging for speeding blades.

Oh, well.


Harbinging his little heart out.

And why a bowling green you might ask? The boss's dad built it as a young man, using horse and scoop blade, for former owners of the place. It is really a nice sort of place, despite the complete and utter absence of bowlers.




And last night the kids brought the therapy baby down and let me hold her, sleeping sweetly, on my lap for several hours. She is a cuddler, content to snuggle in whatever arms are warm and handy. Thanks guys.

Visiting her great grand aunt from who she takes her second name



 Have a wonderful first day of spring! 


5 comments:

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Love that Peggy fix :)

Cathy said...

Oh my . . that picture of your dear aunt and your precious granddaughter.
It makes up for the lack of spring, here, today :)

Rev. Paul said...

The "spring equinox" on the calendar is a source of local amusement.

Turns out the equinox is entirely subjective & based on latitude. Ours was three days ago. :)

NumberWise said...

Awww... Baby and great grand aunt! Gotta love it! All of my grandchildren are 2,000 miles away, so I have to enjoy other people's babies. Keep those photos coming our way!

threecollie said...

Nita, me too! She makes me smile...and smile....and smile...

Cathy, I was so grateful to the kids!

Rev. Paul, it never means a darned thing here either, although I didn't know that about the latitude...very interesting. I have only ever seen real spring come in March once in my life and that was a LONG time ago. The pundits are already warning farmers to plan on planting short season corn seed this spring.

NW, that must be hard for you! I am grateful to see the kids as often as we do.