(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: What was that!

Saturday, March 25, 2017

What was that!


I wake up early this time of year...four at the latest.

I don't come downstairs though, because taking the doggies out is noisy and I don't want to wake the rest of the house.

Thus this AM I was waiting for daybreak when the oddest sound came. It was a repeated loud thumping like the pup banging his kennel to go out, but accompanied by flashing lights on the window. And louder.

I came downstairs to find the dogs and all the people sound asleep and thus not responsible and no sign of whatever it was. And of course by then it had stopped.

But it was loud! And the lights!

I simply have no idea. Anyhow, come on daylight so I can get these pups aired and fed.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Hauntingly reminiscent of a story our son's babysitter told us 45 years-ago. She was in her 60's and was a devout and saintly woman who had telepathic abilities. She wouldn't have described it as such, it was merely her life experience. As a child, she had a sense of a black-trimmed letter and queried her mother as to why her Aunt Tilly was lying in her parlor in her nice clothes and what was the black-trimmed letter. The letter came days later, trimmed in black with the news of her Aunt's death.
The next story she told is eerily similar to yours!
She'd been dating the just-retired chief of police of Arvada, COLO. She'd visited him at the hospital during the day after he had a heart attack.
That night she went to bed.
She was awakened by a sort-of-thumping on the walls and lights shining through the windows.
She woke this next day to learn he'd died at approximately the same time during the night.
Trust me. This woman couldn't lie.
I've never forgotten this story.

threecollie said...

Cathy, those are both very eerie stories and I thank you for sharing them. I find such things fascinating. We think we may have found the culprit. When Ralph went over to the barn there were no lights. He thinks the wire may have torn off the transformer over there, which would affect that power but not the house. Not sure of course, but it makes sense.

ellie k said...

Thankful it did not start a fire and lose the barn.

Terry and Linda said...

I read through the comments and echo Ellie K...thank heavens a fire didn't start!

threecollie said...

Ellie, we were grateful indeed!

Linda, yes, it could have been terrible. We were lucky.

Cathy said...

Whew. I'm glad you're getting answers that don't evolve the paranormal :)

threecollie said...

Cathy, it made me feel a lot better because everyone around here kind of pooh-poohed my observations and I wondered myself if I actually heard or saw anything. I was not all that wide awake. It was nice to have such an easy way to report an outage too.