(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Teeny, Tiny

Friday, October 06, 2017

Teeny, Tiny


Sneaky snake. This little guy was about as thick as a Q-tip. He was wriggling quickly across the old cow barnyard probably close to where he was  born. Garter snakes give birth to live young rather than laying eggs.... This one was so tiny it was probably very new.



I have on occasion come upon mothers with litters and they are quite something to see....like snaky spaghetti.



As my mother will quickly attest, I have always liked herptiles, including snakes, so this one kinda tickled me.

Sorry about the lousy photos, but it didn't want to hold still....


3 comments:

Jan said...

What a cutie, I learned to love snakes in a college biology class.

Terry and Linda said...

WOW! A very tiny one!

threecollie said...

Jan, I don't usually disturb them any more, but I just had to pick this little guy up. He was like a tiny toy snake, so bright colored and tidy.

Linda, he was perhaps one of the smallest I have ever seen