(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Trying Hard

Thursday, October 05, 2017

Trying Hard

Bird of the week...after the Blue-headed Vireo of course.
This is the fifth Lincoln's Sparrow I have seen this year, but none of the others sat still for the camera

To remain cheerful.....but it seems as if "it" never stops. You know what I mean. Disaster after disaster, bad news heaped on more of the same, day after day, week after week.



Liz and I were sitting here at the kitchen table with Peg and heard some odd noises from just west of the house. Mentioned them...thought it was roadwork. 




But no, it was a horrible accident on the Thruway. The boss saw the smoke and flames from Rotterdam and thought it was our house. Then he saw what had actually happened when he got home and came up the barn driveway. This is happening way too often these days....seems as if every week there is another bad accident just in the few miles between Canajoharie and Amsterdam.

Anyhow, I really need to get something done, even if it's wrong, so I will leave you with some things I've seen around the farm this week. Take care of you!


5 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh Marianne. Anymore I'm nervous about getting on a street or highway. People are crazy. Just plain crazy. What do they not understand about the vulnerability of our human frames?

Terry and Linda said...

I can't really drive in traffic anymore. Way too often I see people texting and driving, or they get angry because you are in front of them...it's always a relief when I start getting out here in the country...

Your woolly worms have a HUGE band compared to ours. Maybe you are going to have a mild winter...all the signs here are saying we are going to have a bad one. Our logger son-in-law says it feels like winter is going to hit hard by the signs in the forest.

Jan said...

Your photos of the tiny denizens of Northview are most welcome to take my mind off the other.

threecollie said...

CAthy, it is nuts! Someone almost hit me and Ralph over here on our road because they were looking at the accident and wandering!

Linda likewise! And yes, they seem to be predicting a mild winter.

Jan, that is one reason I go out so much...to take my mind off the stuff...

threecollie said...

Mom, I don't blame you! Love you