(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Gifts from my Father

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Gifts from my Father

A close look inside the one Becky chose. Do click for added detail

We took a little Christmas to Mom and Dad yesterday, fruits, nuts, a few cookies and candy canes......


While we were there I was admiring some Herkimer Diamonds Dad had in a container on the table.


He offered me and Becky the chance to choose a few and it was impossible to resist. I do love rocks, stones, minerals, and particularly lovely shiny crystals like these. Guess it's the magpie in me.


I have wonderful memories of collecting these with Mom and Dad, of chaperoning school trips to do the same, and digging with my younger brother too. Finding them is at least half the fun. Thanks, Dad!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Love these pictures :) Winter light can do some fine things.

Unknown said...

Wow, you just go out and find those crystals!? I've never seen such big gorgeous crystals anywhere except maybe in photos of caves.

threecollie said...

Cathy, thanks, it is one of the nice sides of a dismal season...all that slanting golden light

Denny, these are not even the biggest by any means. There are mines all around us and places where if you can walk the fields you can pick really nice ones right up off the ground. Up north there are roads that sparkle blindingly because there are so many of them contained in the stone mix! I love them!

Terry and Linda said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! How very cool. Nothing like that here!

threecollie said...

Linda, I will try to send you one, when I finally get around to getting those beans in the mail. lol