(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Because I Could

Monday, May 28, 2018

Because I Could



I made Rhubarb Crisp yesterday. Recent coolish rains have made
the rhubarb plants go downright crazy. I had to get at the McDonald next to the bird feeder path in self defense. Alas we must move two of Grandpa Lachmayer's plants, as they are being strangled and chewed on where they are.



And because I picked way too much rhubarb (without even making a dent) I made Rhubarb Sauce as well

 I thank my favorite aunt for teaching me to do so, lo these many moons ago.
I had almost forgotten how amazing it is!


4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Oh my, I haven't had rhubarb crisp in a very long time. It sure looks good!

Terry and Linda said...

Great Moon photo! Your crisp looks yummy!

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Nothing tastes as wonderful as rhubarb! I have to promise my husband at least one rhubarb pie a year, with a lard crust. Somehow the porkiness of a lard crust just amplifies the deliciousness of the fruit. And the sauce goes great on ice cream or just with a swirl of heavy cream. And please, no strawberries to dilute that rhubarb astringency. I wish I had enough sun and free cow manure to grow my own plants.

threecollie said...

Rev. Paul, I am usually too lazy to make it more than once a year, but this year looks as if I will be cooking more. lol

Linda, thanks! We are much enjoying it.

Jacqueline, I am with you about no strawberries in it. I like that bite as well. And I would gladly help you with all the free cow manure you could use, but alas, sunshine doesn't ship well. lol