(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Big Day 2018

Sunday, May 06, 2018

Big Day 2018

Blackburnian Warbler

We did Big Day yesterday, and were we ever tired when we got home. The boss went to the races after....I don't know how he did it....

Somewhat less lovely

Had fun though, and good birds. A handful of new county birds, including a Hermit Thrush right in our creek ravine by the barn, and one lifer... 57 species altogether.

Common Yellowthroat

Song Sparrow

The life bird was a Blackburnian Warbler, seen and ever so luckily photographed too, down along the driveway. I tried to go out to refind him this morning...or any other new arrivals that might be around, but alas, it is raining too hard to be sensible.


These Tree Swallows, and a number of others, were determined that
they could get inside that tiny hole in the old phone box to nest
Fail

Hope it stops soon, as the boss and Becky are off to a ball game with Scott and family, so I am on my own for finding birds today.

And speaking of fail...something found a turkey nest I guess

4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Dang it...I hate seeing eggs destroyed. I also had to laugh at the 'one less lovely'

Beautiful birds!

Cathy said...

Bird Heaven!

Your pictures capture it so wonderfully :)

lisa said...

I bet you found some awesome birds to photograph!

threecollie said...

Linda, I wasn't pleased, as our turkeys have been nearly all gone and are just starting to return

Cathy, it is Heaven! Thanks!

Lisa, always. Sure were tired that night though. lol