(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Getting Even

Thursday, July 05, 2018

Getting Even

BĂȘte noire of the back yard

Mama doesn't know it, but she got a little revenge this morning. 

I was born a tomboy and liked to scare her with critters, frogs, toads, snakes, and the like. I loved em. She didn't.

Anyhoo, this morning I finished hanging out towels and stopped to work on the garden pond. Filter was shrouded in string algae and barely running at all.

Leaning over to lift it out of the water I came face-to-face with a huge small-to-medium Green Frog. 

Inches away.

I screamed. Stumbled backwards and nearly fell over. I'm not afraid of frogs, love em in fact, but I was so darned startled.

Of course there was an audience. The boss was standing right behind me. He is a fine man and only laughed a little.

So mom, I hope you enjoyed your small revenge via Karma. She is, as ever, well, you know.

Guess I'll go fill the pond now.

3 comments:

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

I never would have wished that on you. Nor will I ever forget Elizabeth suddenly snatching at a tree toad out in my back yard, catching it and taking in home in a box. The apple didn't fall far from the tree. You however, take after your father. Love Mom

Jan said...

I love frogs too but they scare me nearly to death when I dig up one who is asleep for the winter.

Terry and Linda said...

Having something in your face when you are not expecting it always is a HUGE Startle!