(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Good Bird

Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Good Bird


Schoharie Crossing SHS yesterday afternoon. Checked the point, turned toward the bay to count the gulls.

The boss started waving and gesturing from the car where he was waiting. Bird on the point, which I had just turned away from.



Great Blue Heron, a nice big guy. We see him all the time there.

Guess he sees us too, and finds us unimpressive, because when I turned back to check the confluence of Mohawk and Schoharie, he flew right over and landed a few feet from me.

Didn't bother to fly away at all, just walked into the river to look for fish.

Good bird.

Good model.

4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Lucky you!!! What a marvelous bird!

threecollie said...

Linda, I could not believe how close he came to me by choice! And then he let me stalk him from just a few feet away. It was fun!

Jan said...

You didn't come close to looking like a predator.

threecollie said...

Jan, this is true. Although I am not averse to a nice Canada Goose with cranberries, I draw the line at herons. lol