(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Lonesome Kittyhawks

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Lonesome Kittyhawks


We went down to the river the other day...we go almost every day. It's worth it when you see at least six, and really probably ten, Bald Eagles all in one place at one time.



Anyhow, as soon as we parked the boss said, "Look at all those cats."

I did and saw two yellow ones, my favorite color of cat btw. There are often cats there, usually yellow or black ones. Someone must have such cats nearby.



But he said, "Look, there are black ones, and yellow ones, and some other kinds too."



What! All I could see were one marmalade and one light golden one. But then the rest emerged from where they were hidden from me by the doorpost of the car. Cats everywhere on the opposite shore of the Schoharie. Eight of them!! At least. One was even Siamese colored.



When I got out of the car to look for birds down at the confluence I could hear them crying and howling. Many of them were right out on the ice. I have to assume that they belong to the black and yellow cat people whomever they are, but they sure didn't think much of the river.



I felt kind of sad for them and hope they had a home to go back to and quickly found their way to it. And that the eagles don't notice them first, in all their bright and lovely colors down there on the cold, silver surface of the river.


4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

I, too, hope they have homes. And are not food for predators.

threecollie said...

Linda, they were gone yesterday when we went down....

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Quite an unexpected scene! I wonder what attracted them to the water's edge.

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, I really don't know. However, the three original cats in the neighborhood are down by the rivers all the time. Out on the ice too!