(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Plague It

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Plague It



Our path to recovery from flu has been a lot like these buggy tracks. Slow, and winding. Tortuous even.

Some day I will not need a steady diet of cough drops to get through the day and heavy drugs serious cold medicines to get through the night.

Some day.

But that day is not now. The nights are worse. Someone, usually more than one someone, has been sick each and every day since the last week in January. Most of those days one of the someones has been me. Flu shots, schmoo shots. Some people who had them didn't get it and some did. Ditto those who didn't....get shots that is. There have been days when I felt that maybe I should be shot...

Peggy's Pre-school Petri Dish provides us with new viruses as required. I still haven't missed a single day of listing birds but it's been close and getting closer.

I am ready for spring, but it seems as if spring is not ready for me. Take care....

6 comments:

xx said...

It's been many a year---dare I say decades---since I've been this sick. Started with a common cold then slipped into the flu. My ribs hurt from coughing. Please, make it stop!

It's amazing how a fever can drain your energy.

Hope you've turned the corner.

Diane

threecollie said...

Dianne, oh, I hope you feel better soon! It is discouraging to be so sick for so long.

Terry and Linda said...

OH! You rest and rest some more. We will be here when you return! Hugs

threecollie said...

Thanks, Linda, we have all just been going on with it. Girls have to work, boss has to cut wood and I just.....have to do what I do. lol Peggy has sure missed a lot of school though

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Oh dear, so sorry you've been sick for so long. Although I feel sad our grandkids live too far away to see more than a couple of times a year, it's true that whenever we get together, they readily share new germs with me! Feel better soon!

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, thanks, she is worth every cough and sneeze, but it sure has been a long slog. Hope you are feeling better as well