(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Some Days

Friday, June 07, 2019

Some Days


Cool stuff just seems to happen all unplanned. First we "got" a White-winged Scoter down on the river. Pretty uncommon bird this time of year.

Then the weather decided to turn perfect...at least for a minute. When the weather is willing things get done! Can't decide whether to plant or weed or water the porch plants.

And then the phone rang. I almost didn't answer. We get between six and seven million spam calls per week, and this number was not familiar...not even the area code. 

I looked at the display for a minute thinking...and then because Alan is in Canada without a phone and I am worried about him (I'm a mother, it's what I do) I pushed the button.

And, boy am I glad I did. It was one of my very favorite people to whom I get to "talk" via this blog and Facebook, but to whom I had never actually spoken. Kind of a blog friend rock star if you know what I mean.

It was the coolest thing ever. She and her husband were passing the house on their way from spring to summer and hoped to meet at a coffee shop or the like. 

Alas, the boss and Becky were shopping, everyone else was working, and we have only one car. Which I don't drive anyhow.

So that didn't happen. However we talked about everything from weather and hay to Indigo Buntings. 

I went out on the sitting porch to listen for their horn from the Thruway And an Indigo Bunting flew right in front of me while I was out there.

Anyhow, I wish them safe travels, a great time, and hope we will do better on the reverse trip. Also hoping it doesn't fall while we are at camp...


4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Lucky you! I love meeting and talking with Blog friends!

Jonna said...

Oh, I know who that is! I'm so glad you two were able to have a talk. You are two of the best people I know.

Cathy said...

Awww. . . . Marianne . . .
It made my heart sing. Still talking about it with Keith. If you're at camp on our return - then I'm making a promise. Next year, we'll plan a visit with you and not have to worry about just dropping in unexpected.
Your voice was an Indigo Bunting spilling happiness into my heart.
(Keith was wrong about being only 2 minutes from your place . . . it was more like 10 :)

threecollie said...

Linda, it was downright spectacular!

Jonna, a very special lady, with whom it was truly wonderful to chat.

Cathy, or I could give you directions to camp and you could stop by and enjoy the porch over the water....lol. Thank you so much for calling. I was very, very glad that you did. And I did hear your horn just the same. Hope you have a great time.