(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Chop

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Chop

After yesterday's storms a short east wind is winding up a vigorous chop. It is almost getcher hoodie chilly but not quite.               I was saddened to discover yesterday that the microburst that down home night before last sheared off several of our Colorado blue spruces. The year before we married the boss and I rented the county tree planter and put in four hundred six-inch seedlings. It was a drought year and we had no way to get water to them so only a few made it.      However I loved those trees. Chipping Sparrows and Purple Finches nested in them...they were lovely, broke the wind and drifting snow for the driveway, and muted noise from the interstate.        I will miss them.

4 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Oh! Shoot! I'm sorry. It's always terribly hard to lose and old soul---I feel trees are old souls

Cathy said...

Truly. I understand the love of a tree. I'm so sorry.

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

So sorry about your trees. Blue Spruces are so beautiful. When trees fall, other landscape changes follow. It will be interesting to note how the landscape evolves, even as you mourn a beloved treeline.

threecollie said...

Linda, we lost a mess of them, at least half, but my three favorites all survived, so there is that.

Cathy, thanks, the front looks kinda bare now.

Jacqueline, We might buy a few bigger ones and put them in as they grow pretty quickly but maybe not too.