(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Holy Lightning Batman

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Holy Lightning Batman

How I looked when it hit

Woke up too early thinking something was wrong with my eyes. They were closed but bright white lights were flashing.

Opened them and oh my word, continuous cloud-to-cloud lightning was brightening the sky so much that I threw stark shadows on the stairs when I was going down.

An hour later, I was bent over, latching up the bottom of the outside kennel, when BOOM-BANG-FLASH, lightning struck behind me.

It's a wonder I didn't jump right over that six-foot kennel fence and join Finn in his doghouse, where he had promptly adjourned. 

Dunno what it hit, but it was way too close. Maybe the neighbor's spruces down at the bottom of the driveway. Thought it was the house at first, but thank the Lord it wasn't.

I don't think I can recall another week as stormy as this one has been. Closed roads and downed trees are a daily occurrence. Not much hay is being made anywhere, unless as baleage or chopped and ensiled.

The corn doesn't seem to mind though. Where it was planted with good fortune there are some mighty fine ears forming.

Hang in there folks....this has to stop some time.




When your horse is in the shop and you have to get to the sawmill

2 comments:

Jan said...

I really miss those sounds, it's been so long...

threecollie said...

Jan, it sure woke me up! Wasn't really doing much then suddenly it was