(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Going Out with a Bow

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Going Out with a Bow


We have had an unprecedented run of fine weather so far this month. However, it looks as if tomorrow will bring the beginning of the gloomy fall weather we expect at this time of year.



The wild things know it too. After waiting and waiting and waiting for migrating ducks to show up we found them everywhere this morning. 24 Common Mergansers at Schoharie Crossing alone, and flocks of puddle ducks hanging out with the Canada Geese in the cornfields. I am a little under the weather with a kindergarten cold and the boss is even worse off so we didn't do too much today.



However, we certainly saw some fine sights in our pursuit of all things agricultural or avian.


6 comments:

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

Absolutely breathtaking pictures! I thought I was there with you. Sorry you are under the weather. Dad and I both feel a bit down also. Rich and Shelly and Caleb and Natalie came to look at my car. He will get it picked up when he has the parts. Love. Hope you are soon better. Mom

Jan said...

Your photos literally gave me a cold chill. But in a good way.

threecollie said...

Mama, sorry I missed talking to you yesterday, although I had a very short chat with dad. Thanks for your kind words. It was a truly lovely morning. Hope all goes well with the car. Love you

Jan, those are kind words indeed. I was pretty excited by the heron one. Just luck, but sometimes she smiles on us.

Terry and Linda said...

Your photos are breathtaking and should be framed

Cathy said...

The heron lifting off into the gold . . . breathtakingly beautiful.
Yes. You really should enter it in a contest.

threecollie said...

Linda, thank you! I am so fortunate to be able to get out and about in this beautiful world!

Cathy, kind words indeed and thank you. Mr. Heron is kind of a buddy of mine. I see him...or her...pretty much every morning and he often doesn't bother to fly away from me. Once landed within ten feet of me and proceeded to hunt frogs. I am grateful to him for providing me this shot.