(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Ghost Bunnies

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Ghost Bunnies


Flutter above the snow

White tails bobbing, off they go

I'm glad they do this

Don't cha know

Cuz if the doggies see them

Down I go.

Morning dog walking can be fraught with peril, although it's worse after the sun comes up and the red squirrels come down from the honey locust.

It's pretty out there in the moon stained snow though, quieter than usual,everything a soft shade of midnight blue

Not much traffic so early in the morning and the sound all muffled by a couple of inches of new fluff.

I listen as hard as I can for the Great Horned Owls, but not yet.....not yet...too soon I guess.

If the snow gets deep and they get hungry for rabbit, down they will come from the back hills I think..

There are a thousand, thousand, thousand footprints lacing the yard like rabbit macrame. 

What's not to like for a hungry hunter?







4 comments:

Jan said...

Your morning walks are far more eventful than mine are.

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

We still haven't sampled the chocolates. Thank you and Ralph for the wonderful gift. Love Mom and Dad

Terry and Linda said...

I love morning walks. The Great Horned Owls are back here. We have a pair in our trees.

threecollie said...

Jan, lol, sometimes they are REALLY exciting!

Mom and Dad, when you are ready enjoy them; we just opened ours last night. Love you too!

Linda, ooh, I would love to hear them! Haven't heard ours in months, but I know they are back there.