(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Not so Secret Ballot

Monday, May 25, 2020

Not so Secret Ballot

Hurry, the polls are closing....
oh, wait, they aren't even opening....

I've always voted in person...since I was 18 in fact....

However, this year the school budget and board vote is by absentee ballot only.

This does not seem like a terribly private process. You have to fill out all your personal information on the inner envelope and sign it, making it pretty obvious how you voted to whomever is involved in the counting.

Am I the only one uncomfortable with this?

Asking for a friend....

Because I just filled out my vote, even if I am not thrilled with the method.

Sure hope they don't try this on the state or national level. The wiggle room for fraud is staggering. Bad enough the way it is now.

2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

We've been doing mail in ballott voting for several years now. I rather like it and am not concerned. But I do understand your concern.

Linda

threecollie said...

Linda, I am just concerned about the ballot being read by folks who know who I am....particularly in this instance as Ralph used to be on the school board during a very contentious time. I truly hope they open the polls for the primaries and state and local elections. Then my vote can be truly anonymous. The convenience is nice with the mail in though.