(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Pig Bears and other mythical Creatures

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Pig Bears and other mythical Creatures


Adventuring has taken place around home the past few days....but there were adventures nonetheless.



The dreaded pig bear was spotted sauntering through the gap in the fence around the long lawn and partaking of its favorite spring prey. Later, as the season progresses, it will change its diet from the native grasses and herbs to the green beans in the garden, thus the dreaded part of the equation.

The vest was soon shed...it was quite warm

And grandma was taken on a nature walk by the home school girl, who has also been involved in the construction of an elaborate blanket fort in the dining room...wish I had taken a photo....

Note pink purse for outward bound water bottle and pop tarts
and homeward bound rocks of good color, size, and style


Bright green beetles were seen on the walk, powder blue butterflies abounded, a Red-tailed Hawk was enjoyed, and a number of good rocks were acquired. 

A good time was had by all. I am kinda missing our peripatetic birding style though.

Female Baltimore Oriole
I wonder if she is building a blanket fort with
that milkweed fluff...



5 comments:

Jonna said...

I am so glad you are finally having nice weather for an outing.
I love that name - Pig Bear! It suits them well.

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

How wonderful that you have your darling granddaughter there to live with you. I haven't seen any of my grandchildren since Christmas, and my hugging arms are feeling mighty empty. I love that you two go on walks together and see the things you see. You are teaching her the things that will save us as a species: love for each other and curiosity of the natural world and hopefully, a passion to protect it.

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

Love your story, and of course the pictures of Peggy. She is a sweetheart. Love to all, Mom

Terry and Linda said...

Peggy is lucky to live with you and you are lucky to live with her...blessing for everyone.

threecollie said...

Jonna, lol, it was all I could think of when I saw him striding through the fence gap like he owned the place.

Jacqueline, I am grateful for her happy presence. She is quite a kid. So very sorry that you are missing your grandkids. That must be terrible for you. I hugged my mother the other day for the first time since the COVID thing began. Dad too. We get their groceries for them every week so at least we see them, but have been avoiding close contact because of the plague. I finally decided that with only a few cases in either of our counties it was worth taking the chance....and it was SO good.

Mom, love you too mama. She is a fun kid. In for a big surprise today as Alan and Amber are coming down. She loves to see them

Linda, I am so lucky to have family close every day. Sometimes they drive me nuts, but I love them. Sure would miss them if I couldn't see them like I do.