(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Saucy

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Saucy

Pink Lady apple...purchased last November 16th. Still usable if a little rough

Last year's apples taking up room in the crisper drawer. Space needed.

Had a thought. Could you mix rhubarb, which is in season with apples, which are well past theirs but still perfectly good, to make some kind of sauce?

Google says you can and so I did.

Applesauce with a kick...kinda zingy and good. Whatever we don't enjoy with pork chops for supper tonight I'll freeze.

And now the crisper drawer is free for summer fruits and vegetables.

Yay!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm moving in. Period ;P

Terry and Linda said...

Yum. I'm with Cathy. I'm coming to live with you. I will work for my supper.

threecollie said...

Cathy, bring the family! It's a big house and there are still a couple of vacant rooms.

Linda, ditto what I told Cathy. I would come out a winner both ways! lol

Cathy said...

Okie dokey!!! Save some a' that sauce for me!

threecollie said...

Cathy, will do, or I'll make more when you get here!