(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: To My Mom

Sunday, May 10, 2020

To My Mom


I'm thankful to the Lord every single day that I can call my mother late in the afternoon or early in the evening and just talk.

Some days she plays Dragon Mahjong while I bash things on Klondike and we murmur about our Covid-crippled days, exchange I love yous, and say good night.

Sometimes we reminisce and I hear stories from before I was born or when I was a baby that I never heard before. Such treasures. Such laughter and joy.

My mother is a person of indomitable spirit, courage, and great joy. She always has soldiered through everything life has thrown at her bravely and brightly...and trust me, she may not ever let you know, but it has thrown a lot.

Although I have been most stubborn about learning...a Montgomery thing, don't cha know....she has taught me much about living a life of grace and thankfulness. I have a lot more to learn and all...and a very great deal to be thankful for...but I am surely working on it.

All of us are daughters and sons; some of us are blessed enough to be old fogies ourselves and yet still have our wonderful mothers. 

I want to wish all you mothers a Happy Mother's Day today, but most especially my own because she is so special.

Love you mama, you're the best!

5 comments:

tryon1@frontiernet.net said...

Thank you daughter, you are the best first born a Mother could have. You taught me a lot about child raising I didn't learn from babysitting my cousins and myriad of other little ones. You taught me you knew how to spell when you told me you wanted a s-o-d-i-ey too, when you Aunt Bev asked for one at our house. You taught me you could stand up for yourself when you told your grandfather Montgomery STOP! when he was patting you on the head every time you walked by him, you taught me you had a tender heart when you were almost in tears when Grandpa Lachmayer wouldn't accept nup as a request for milk. He really wanted you to say milk, but Grandma made him stop and give you milk. You taught me corporal punishment was sometimes justified when I took you across my knee and spanked your behind, and you got up and said "There, now do you feel better?" I love you daughter with all of my heart. Happy Mother's Day to you! Love, Mom

Terry and Linda said...

What a beautiful post to your mom. And your mom's comment is truly heartwarming.

threecollie said...

Mama, you are the best!Thanks, love you

Linda, thank you

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

What a marvelous loving tribute to your mom! I bet she is just as proud of you as you are of her. I'm glad to learn from your mom's comment that she shares an equally vivid sense of humor.

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, thanks, she is amazing and I will never be able to keep up with her, although I aspire to.