(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: A Fun Game

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

A Fun Game

This is the most inclusive shot I took.
Note that there are birds all the way to the edges. I think
there were some outside the photo as well.

Called "Count the Commons".

Mergansers that is, Common Mergansers.

A portion of the frantic raft o' ducks


This little flow of water around the edge of an island at Yankee Hill Lock was crammed with them. It was impossible to count through the bins so I took photos.

A lot of them.




However, between the rocks among them and the number with their heads under water a rough count is the best I could do.

*Hint-there are more then 20. 

Let me know what you think, as I have to finish my eBird checklist for the location.

Thanks.

But wait, there's more!




Or should I say there were more. At least 14 additional birds were resting on rocks downriver a bit.

It was a fish duck extravaganza. 

Full o' smiles, taking my turn to wait in the car. Cheery eh?

3 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

You made me laugh...I like that!

threecollie said...

Linda, glad to be of service at any time. lol

Cathy said...

What Linda said! ^. :P