(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Happy Father's Day

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Father's Day


To my dad, my dear husband, my brothers, uncles, friends, and family men, and all the men who were there for their kids and raised them. 

Well done, guys, kids need daddies.



And especially thanks to my father for giving me a lifelong love of learning, books, the outdoors, music, and especially birds. 

Love you dad!

2 comments:

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

I wish there were just a "love" button I could press for this. How wonderful that you had such a good daddy. I was afraid of my dad all my life until I cared for him as he lay dying and all was forgiven. Grace abounds!

threecollie said...

Jacqueline, sorry for your loss, but glad you had the time of reconciliation. I too knew that fear...dads were scary in those days, but dad has also been a best friend to me all my life. He gave me so much of the joy of learning and loving the outdoors and especially birds. I was always interested but going on Christmas Bird Counts with him over the years really fueled the passion. I am so grateful to still have him, although these days of disease have been hard on him. He needs his hugs and all. In fact I have taken to hugging again....time is too short not to hug him every time we visit. Thanks for your kindness.