(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Puddles

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Puddles


It's rained a bucket or five thousand lately, pretty much every day.

There are all kinds of puddles in the driveway and the yard.

More rain is forecast for tonight to the point that the races are already cancelled.

However, some puddles are more equal than others.



Check out these puddling butterflies at the edge of the garden the other day.

Like flying flowers right in the yard. 

2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

That is cool! I've never seen butterflies puddle.

threecollie said...

Linda, they like the minerals left behind when animal-sourced fertilizer (lol) breaks down. If such spots get wet when it is generally dry they will gather to partake. I had dumped a pail of water down this garden row because it was full of mud from me washing my hands while transplanting. I use quite a lot of that valuable organic fertilizer in my garden.