(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Dog Story

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Dog Story

 

I like this one...think I'll just stay here

First an update on Mom and Dad. Mom is still in the nursing home, struggling a bit more than we would like. Dad is in hospital still and has improved some as far as we know. Prayers would be much appreciated, as we are very worried about them both. Thanks.

Now, about the dog. While waiting for it to be late enough to begin the daily round of phone calls trying to get information about people we are not allowed to visit, from busy staff in frantic facilities, we went birding this morning.

We were at the park at Yankee Hill. Ran into the nice, tall older fellow who walks there every day. He is amazing....walks so far! Found out he is the one who made the helpful snowshoe trail I was walking on the other day...all the way to Fort Hunter!!! (I only went a few yards so I could see the ducks across the river.)

Anyhow, I was getting ready to return to the car and fire up the old cell phone for all my calls when a couple strolled out of the woods accompanied by a jolly little bulldog.

The dog made a beeline for me as fast as his legs would carry him, sniffed my leg and seemed to say, "I like this one. Guess I'll visit for a while."

He leaned happily against my knees and stayed right there, ignoring frantic calls for his return.

I was assured that he was nice and wouldn't bite. I have to say that I rarely believe such assurances. I have been bitten by nice dogs. However, it was easy to read this guy and he was a delight. He and I shared a good laugh before his owner came and took him away, apologizing all the while. He seemed disappointed to have to part company after such a short interlude.

He gave me a little blep before he left, then jogged away jauntily, having enjoyed our little communion at the edge of the racing water. He was a bright spot in my day too. And I needed one.


A little blep goodbye

6 comments:

aurora said...

Glad you enjoyed a much needed bright spot, and got out birding. Hope your parents improve & you are able to see them sooner than later.

Shirley said...

Still keeping your parents in my prayers.
Dogs know when we need comforting.

threecollie said...

Aurora, thank you. For now the phone calls usually help, although some days they are sadder than others.

Shirley, thank you. It was uncanny how he came to me. The minute he saw me from some distance he came on a run and refused to be called away. His people were astonished, as I guess that is not his way. For me, it was a warm chuckle...I hope we meet again.

Charlie's Girl said...

Your parents are in our prayers and will continue to be. I think your little doggy friend knew you could use a little extra comfort. All of this is tough to navigate. Since the big move, it just seems not much has gone right. All the best...stay safe and stay well. Patricia

Terry and Linda said...

Bright spots are so important! Keeping all of you in my prayers!

Ontario Wanderer said...

Dogs are smarter than many people.