(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Frost Advisory

Monday, October 03, 2022

Frost Advisory

 


***This was written on the 29th.....

This year I felt it coming. In recent years we seem to have been getting our first frost around the 12th of October. Usually I wait until the first advisory to start scurrying around finding room and getting stuff indoors. However, at least two or three weeks ago I started bringing in the house plants.

I just felt it coming. Right now all that is still outside are one spider plant that I can't reach because of the gourds and tomatoes climbing up the side of the house, one geranium, one pothos, the pony tail palm, and Liz's foxtail fern.....

And the trees! Three Norfolk Island pines, potted, taller than I am. They used to stand in front of the northeast window in the living room. I grew them from those little tiny jobs you find in the supermarket during the Christmas season.....kinda got carried away and all....This year I put them out for the first time in many years and I liked being able to see out that window from my chair. 

I decided to sell them. However, I mentioned them to Liz and she thought she might like them....now she needs to get them indoors and promptly. Tonight's the night.

Oh, and about why I was up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed by 4AM. I was reading my email on my phone in bed and thought today was Friday. I was up in minutes and out the door to haul those puppies in, only to realize that it is NOT Friday after all.

Whew! Another few hours to figure out placement for still more plants!



2 comments:

Cathy said...

" . . . . thought today was Friday .. " Maybe we're related :-D

threecollie said...


Cathy, I think it may be related to retirement, same stuff, different day. Also my Peggy care schedule is complicated and ever-changing. lol