(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Woodcarvers

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Woodcarvers

Dad, as Mom saw him,
holding Becky as a baby

 
While moving wrenches and pliers and objects of similar ilk around on the kitchen counter this morning...so as to have room to do the dishes and all... I came across a little notepad the boss was using to plan out fixing my sitting porch.


It brought to me suddenly that this would have been Dad's 91st birthday. I suppose even though he is no longer here to enjoy it, it is still his birthday but... The header on the little pad announced his name and Mom's and mentioned, along with phone and address data, that they were woodcarvers.


Drawings by Mom

They sure were, and so much more.

Prayers would be appreciated for Ralph's good friend who was injured yesterday. Thanks



3 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Prayers! I shall do

Shirley said...

Some talented carving there!
Pretty cool to find that little treasure. Ted's dad turns 90 next week, so he has been going through all the memorabilia to make a presentation at his birthday party. His dad has congenitive heart failure so I hope he lasts long enough to enjoy it.

threecollie said...

Linda, thanks, we still don't know what happened, just that it wasn't good

Shirley, thanks. There are a number of those little notepads around, but I hadn't paid much attention until that day. Sorry to hear about Ted's dad. I hope he does make it and has a wonderful day.