(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Omens

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Omens

 


Paused on the landing on the way downstairs, because the moon on the fringe of icicles dangling from the eaves looked like shining, drooling, teeth. Fangs even. I snapped a picture, but it didn't come out.

Dogs out, snow doubt it was cold and crisp and shiverish out. Snow creaking creepily, Mars hanging low on the horizon, sickly orange, dull and dreary.

Double shadows, darkness-in-darkness, moon and porch light one-on-one, so the branches of the locust mapped a set of sickly veins on gloomy downtrodden days-old snow.

And then....and then...a meteor!! Not blazing, but kinda wimpy, streaking across the sky.

Call it a shooting star if you will... but I hope it's out of ammo.

I don't know what is coming with the storm this week and I am not sure that I want to.


3 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

I haven't seen a meteor falling for a long time. Guess I go to bed too early. Nor comet, I would love to see a comet.

Shirley said...

I heard that there is goin g to be a prolonged winter storm held in place by an unmoving ridge of high pressure sitting over Hudson Bay.
Hunker down.....

threecollie said...

Linda, first for me in many, many years. Too much light pollution I guess

Shirley, year, we are supposed to get nailed tonight through Thursday. I am supposed to do a Christmas Bird Count Saturday, so I really, really hope things are cleared up by then. Thanks