(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Dang dog

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dang dog

Sorry to have been AWOL since Sunday. It was entirely invountary. Alan's delightful border collie, Nick, decided that day to run over to the window to bark at Lizzie's horse, which she was allowing to graze on the lawn. He used the phone jack for a handy dandy brace so he could see better. It was not up to the strain of a forty-pound hound bouncing up and down on it, all the while screaming epithets and bellowing death threats at the intruder on his own personal, carefully marked, lush green (thanks to an overkill of rain) grass. A teeny, tiny plastic piece parted company from its shell and the whole shebang gave up the ghost. What with the flooding and all, repairing dog damaged wall jacks is a low priority I guess and it didn't get fixed until tonight. I have to give the phone guys credit though; they were still working tonight at 6 PM.

After almost three days without phone or Internet one thing has been proven.

I am addicted. Relentless restlessness, irritability, crankiness, crabbiness, it was like being without coffee. Worse even. It is going to take my family weeks to recover I fear.

Sorry Ralph, Liz and Becky, you'll have to blame Alan. I told him to put the darned dog out...about five minutes before the phone jack joined the Hesperus on the reef of Norman's woe.


5 comments:

Deanna said...

Nick is in the destructo-club! Welcome, Nick!

Carina said...

Haha! Bad Nick.
When the cable is down or something and I suddenly don't have access to the intenet, I feel awfully bereft and at loose ends. For just a little while.
Then it's almost freeing - and I remember that I used to be a tad more creative and active pre-internet. Makes ya think....
After a mini-vacation, I've been working very, very long hours, which really cuts into my online time, I miss it! Managed to sneak in a couple of hours this afternoon, now it's off to agility class.

threecollie said...

Hi cubby, yeah Nick joined that illustrious group way back when he was a pup and we called him the silver-eyed underwear shark!

Hello Carina, I discovered just what you mean when the phone was out. The house sure got clean. However, I like playing on the Internet.....and I just don't like housework. Still it was nice when some feed salesmen showed up today and I wasn't embarassed to have them come through the door.

Carina said...

Heh, a friend has a sticker saying "a clean house is a sign of a broken computer" stuck on the side of her monitor...
Me too, and I don't really watch TV so I figure piddling around online is "my TV."

threecollie said...

Ditto, I almost never watch TV, although I find that I do listen when the others have it on.