(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Home again

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Home again

Came home from camp today, with the car stalling at every intersection and rain pouring down. Found the river on the rise with rushing black water pouring under the bridge. There are flood warnings out for both our “home” counties and it is looking pretty bad.

Again.

We had a great week though
. The lake was as warm as a bathtub and yet refreshing in the heat. Fishing was poor, but we caught lots of trees and stumps as well as some rocks and a good part of the State of NY.

Alan took up fly fishing, which yielded the best catches of the week, including a big fallfish and a number of small-mouthed bass.


I don’t need to catch fish to be happy. A good book and a pair of binoculars….and my camera of course, and I have every thing I require for contentment. A fresh cup of coffee bumps it up to total luxury. Took many pictures and "note blogged" since a little red notebook is much more portable than a desktop. It was all good.

Wish it was just beginning.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fred,
every thing is closed from the rain here. all of the roads any way. the water closed 163 noth of our place. washed a bunch of boulders out into the road. cant't get to rt.20 either. roads closed also.
love ya
matt

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I've missed your blog, but I see that you're going to make up for your absence, so I guess the wait will have been worth it.

threecollie said...

Hey Matt, that is terrible. We just don't need more rain. I read an interesting theory today that all this bizarre weather is caused by the moon....seriously. I am going to read up more on it, but this was predicted by a scientist who studies moon cycles....oh, and I love you too, bro.

Hi Nancy, I would say that it is good to be back, but I hate to lie. I love camp....just plain love it.

Anonymous said...

Car problems seem to be epidemic! LOL

Great pictures! I'm so dense today, it took me a minute to figure out the one taken of the geese, looking through the cutouts - LOL

I LOVED the sunflower pic down lower on the page too! Beautiful!

Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the fishing. . .the fish are the least important part of the equation. In fact, catching them creates work. Give me the sunny day and a gently rocking boat, and I'll just throw the worms into the lake!

threecollie said...

Hi Marti,
Car was stalling out, but I guess it was just the four inches of rain we had dumped on us. It seems fine today....other than the usual issues that is. Glad you liked the pictures, thanks,

Hello suzi, glad you stopped by. I have the luxury of a teenaged son, who is so delighted to have anyone join him in the boat, that I need neither bait my hook, nor remove my catch. He is more than pleased to do those things for me.
Not that I can't do them you understand, but why have two pairs of fishy smelling hands when one will do.

R.Powers said...

Great photos! Sounds like an excellent vacation.

threecollie said...

Thanks FC...anything that entails a lake, fish, swimming and NO COWS equals a GREAT vacation to me. lol