(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Twisted Robin

Monday, July 31, 2006

Twisted Robin

I wouldn't have seen this if I hadn't been cleaning the filter on the garden pond this morning after milking. However, I walked over to hang the used filter on the fence so I could hose it off and there it was. I hurried over to the door to ask Becky for the camera and rushed outside for a close up.


I thought it would be really cute.

Then I saw the beak.
Poor twisted little bird. The parents are still caring for it, and soon arrived to beep and boop at me in protest at my presence in their territory. I don't imagine it will survive long after they stop. Comedy was hanging around too, looking for handouts. She is a terrific hunter but I didn't chase her away. I suppose that being eaten by a barn cat would be a kinder fate for the poor thing than starvation.

No comments: