(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: In case you ever wonder...

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

In case you ever wonder...

....why I am this way. My parents, (abetted by my grandparents), used to sing this song to me. It was performed at different times by Bing Crosby and Dorothy Shay, who released it in 1947. I was born the same year as Vladimir Putin and am three days younger than Dan Akroyd, so I don't know why they chose me for this particular golden oldie. I was a nice kid, really I was. There were other female grandchildren in the family, but I was the only one to receive the signal honor of my own song. It is really not fair.

Here is the chorus:
Daughter, baby daughter,
Poisoned all the neighbors chickens.
Daughter hadn't oughter
Least 'till she could run like the dickens.
They hit her with a shovel!
They pronounced it "Dotter".
They still call me that.

10 comments:

Breezey375 said...

My mommy is crazy. And Liz disappered again. We were going to go get lunch... I think she ran into someone....

Anonymous said...

Ahh... here's a link to the poetry my mother read to us at night...

http://tinyurl.com/2a7w4t

Feel free to scar... I mean, share this with your kids...

threecollie said...

Yeah, yeah, Beeze, I know

Matthew...I feel SO much better now that I have read that....I will be scarring, er, sharing ASAP.

Cathy said...

Well, at least unlike some of us - you can point to the source of some of your eccentricities. I'm still trying to come up with explanations :0)

dmmgmfm said...

Too funny! And like Cathy, I'm not sure why I'm the way I am...

threecollie said...

Hi Cathy, yeah, it is good to know who to blame. lol

Laurie, I am glad to have an excuse.

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I am clueless as to what warped me - LOL

Hope you had a great Easter and best wishes for a terrific week!

Anonymous said...

Poisoned the chickens...how sweet you must have been..

threecollie said...

Hi Marti, I don't think you are all that warped, just very, very funny. Thanks for visiting! Good Easter week to you and yours as well.

Tom, I didn't, really I didn't.
I LIKE chickens!
I even keep my mean old egg-eating rooster around, when really he is a very bad boy.

Breezey375 said...

my mommy is cwazy... my mommy is cwazy... we wuves her anyway..