(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Should it finally materialize (off topic, but what the heck)

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Should it finally materialize (off topic, but what the heck)

I will immediately listen to the singing on this video....all at once and without waiting a week for it to load. Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, (which the guys watch and which I can't seem to avoid watching even though I am really trying to read the latest JA Jance) is the only person I have ever heard sing the National Anthem without straining for a single, solitary note. All the way through, beautiful and painless. I could listen all day. Way to go, Mike.

4 comments:

Rebecca Mecomber said...

He does a good job, sings it like it should be sung- simply, with honor. He starts off pretty low, though!

I can't stand the strained Minnie Mouse version of the National Anthem, either, especially when rock stars sing it and think they are "improving it" with high-falutin' embellishments.

Just SING the SONG! With HONOR!
:)

Deanna said...

I love Dirty Jobs! Mike is fantastic. He used to be an opera singer.

R.Powers said...

I love his show, but did not have a clue he could sing.

threecollie said...

Mrs. M, I like it low lol...then the high notes aren't so screetchy. Minnie Mouse says it well. I got a laugh out of that description.

Cubby, I try not to watch TV, but it is a good show and I generally find my book lying ignored in my lap as it gets over.

FC, we did know he was an opera singer, but his anthem gave me cold chills.