(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Who knew

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Who knew

That the United States had a serious foot and mouth disease scare this summer?

This story proved something something many of the serious farm and ranch bloggers have been saying all along. We don't need NAIS. The pigs in question were imported from Canada, but were still promptly traced to their source, even though they were commingled with a number of others in a slaughterhouse.

8 comments:

Paintsmh said...

Boy that will be nice to have for my presentation tomorrow. Talk about perfect timing and everything happening for a reason.

threecollie said...

Hi Kiddo, I can't seem to find out if Minn. is one of the states that does have a mandatory program. I don't think that they do.
If it is you that is on here down at college, you are my 45,000th visitor....that and a buck will get you a cup of coffee. lol

Paintsmh said...

Yeah it is me. I am just toodling around til I have to head over to Kniskern House for my trip today. Yipsy.

Anonymous said...

45,000!!! Congrats! The number doesn't surprise me, though -- this blog is addictive. Thanks for all your hard work to entertain and educate us readers.

Rosie said...

The entire NAIS thing is just so unenforceable. I'm not sure where they think they are going to get the funds for tracking on that level.

Folks have been sort of ignoring all the little nastygrams they keep sending people here.

They basically made me sign up then told me I didn't have to participate.

threecollie said...

NW, thank you....

Rosie, even the federal government seems kind of ambivalent about it. I can't believe more producers aren't troubled though.

Jeffro said...

Thanks for commenting on my site, and congrats on 45,000 hits! Woo Hoo!

I haven't worked cattle in years. That said, I prefer ear tags to branding. However, I'd rather see our government staying out of our overseas beef trade (ex: Creekstone), stay out of IDing all our cattle, and maybe inspecting imported beef a bit more thoroughly. I'm not holding my breath.

threecollie said...

Jeffro, thanks for visiting. I enjoyed your blog and I am glad you stopped by