(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Still more company

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Still more company


I glanced out at the garden pond yesterday to see an odd creature leaping futilely against the side of it. It was the right size for a sparrow or chipmunk, but it just didn't look right somehow. I grabbed the camera and ran out in the rain to find this guy trying to get in out of the weather. I think it would normally have been an easy hop for so big a green frog, but it was COLD and he was kind of floppy. I took his picture and then gave him a helping hand over the side into the rain-dimpled water. He stroked swiftly to the bottom and vanished under a cinder block.

I just bought a brand new heater, so he should have a comfy place to hibernate this winter, along with the two itty bitty greenies and one large, fat leopard that are already there.



4 comments:

Stacy said...

What the heck was he doing out this time of year?

Jan said...

Not being a winter person, I am rather envious of him (or her).

Anonymous said...

I have not seen frogs in a while! Glad you gave it a helping hand!

threecollie said...

Stacy, I don't know. I simply couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him out there. He is huge too

Jan, yeah, sleeping for months rather than shoveling snow and trying to keep the animals comfy does have its appeal.

mon@rch, it wasn't even hard to catch, it was so cold.