(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Wood gathering

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wood gathering



And northern style.

The boss cut this mostly dead apple tree down for me last week. Since we are expecting a major "snow event" in the next couple of days, I brought down all I could so it doesn't get covered with snow.



The lichens like it (click for closeup)


So do the cottontails

Now

'N later

8 comments:

Jan said...

The circle of life--vegetation style.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Mmmmm. Beautiful.

Got any marshmallows?

R.Powers said...

Ha!
Thanks for the connection.
You can feel the heat radiating from that wood stove shot.
Packed a shipping tube as tight as I could with you know what, tonight. I hope to mail it tomorrow after work.

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

*Sigh*... I miss having a fireplace. The Palatial Didier/Darroch compound is heated (poorly) by old radiators... but I still have memories of chopping and splitting wood with my dad for the fireplaces... *Sigh*... hated it then, miss it now. C'est la vie, n'est pas?

mon@rch said...

Apple is a great tree to burn! I second the marshmallows!

threecollie said...

Jan, waste not want not. lol...I think the deer mice will be mad at us though. The tree was full of mouse houses

Mrs. M, as a matter of fact...

FC, You are kind beyond words. I was thinking about that when I was out lugging the apple down from the field....

Matthew, I love wood heat, although I am not so fond of the fire going out or running out of wood.

mon@rch, the east wind was blowing the scent of it burning over to the barn this morning. So sweet! Only cherry and hickory can compare...and yeah, we do. lol

Sharon said...

Mmmm...I wish it was cold enough here for a fire! Nice blog :) I stopped by to let you know that I posted a pic of that poinsettia.

threecollie said...

Thanks so much Sharon! I am coming right over to see!