(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Hooray for robins

Monday, February 25, 2008

Hooray for robins

(File under "finally".) Seems as if everyone has seen robins but me and I have been feeling kind of left out. Usually making the run down to Cobleskill this time of year will provide one or two, but Liz and I took Becky down to school this morning and didn't see a one on the way in. Then we did a little grocery shopping as this weeks midriff is going to feature yet another winter storm and we were worse than overdue for stocking up. On the way up the mountains back to our colder and more wintry home we saw one...then two...then thirty...then at least a hundred.

Yay robins! That's all I gotta say.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I'll trade you five sparrows for one robin, deal?

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Congrats! I haven't seen anything but stinkin' crows in so long it makes me sick. But I actually heard songbirds this morning. Couldn't see what they were, tho.

threecollie said...

Linda, send 'em on down and we'll see what we can do. lol...not that we are short of sparrows....

Mrs. M, it was simply delightful to see them all. The roadsides were full as were the overgrown fields along the road.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad . . Robins have not made it to my area yet! Congrats and glad you "finally" got some.

Anonymous said...

Thursday we had a migratory flock of starlings come through here. They roosted over by the Wal-Mart, there must have been 250,000 of them. When they got spooked while trying to roost, they blotted out the sun. They are gone now, maybe they are on their way up north towards you? What noise they made!