(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: If you don't like the weather in Upstate NY

Friday, February 01, 2008

If you don't like the weather in Upstate NY

Wait a minute....or maybe just a little more than that.....The first pictures, including the pink heifers, which is unedited except for cropping out the pink-for-minute heifer barn, were taken at 6 AM. At that time the sky was even pink in the west!

The last photo was taken just before ten AM. Same day. Almost the same spot as the first one.










10 comments:

Data Babble said...

Looks very cold, I don't know how you northerners do it!

Stacy said...

What a beautiful sky! Ours was gray and full of freezing rain all day. Yuk.

Linda said...

Hey you know what they say--A change is as good as a rest!

R.Powers said...

Worth getting up early for!
Beautiful.

threecollie said...

DataB, thanks for the visit! It wasn't as horrible as it might have been, but it was sure one of those days when watching the weather was a full time occupation.

Stacy, that pink thing that the sky had going on literally lasted long enough for me to step out of the house with my coffee, run back for the camera, take about five photos and it was gone and grey...amazing

Linda, yeah, that could explain a lot. lol

FC, it was, it really was. We actually were late as all get out...nobody had any deadlines or early classes, so we went out at sixish, which was nice. Otherwise I would have missed it or not had the camera...just got lucky

Rebecca Mecomber said...

You take such beautiful photos! Very nice-- desktop quality.

threecollie said...

Thanks, Mrs. M, I am saving my pennies for a camera with more zoom and a fast shutter. I miss so much that I try for...

Cathy said...

Oh! I love these photos. Still winter . . . but beauty in abundance.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous pink sky and just beautiful scenery. I don't like getting up early, but I'm often up at 6 a.m. anyway. Good thing you had your camera handy to show us!

threecollie said...

Cathy, thanks, it was an amazing morning...imagine pink even in the west!

L:aura, now it is thundering and pouring...very strange weather indeed