(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Rose quartz

Friday, March 07, 2008

Rose quartz




As you may have guessed...Becky has no classes today so I get to play on the computer instead of driving all day. Here are some photos of one of my larger pieces of rose quartz. Dad and I collected these perhaps thirty years ago on a mountain up near the Sacandaga Reservoir. They are amazing! This one is roughly 11"x 3 1/2" x 6 1/2 ". (Do click if you have time...)


5 comments:

Stacy said...

Those are so pretty! You are lucky to be able to find such things in your area.

Linda said...

I saw big chunks of it like that in Alaska. What are you going to do with it. It polishes into nice jewelery.

Ken Albin said...

Ooooh! Rose quartz is my favorite. I collected quite a few pieces as a child but none as beautiful as these.

I just wrote a report about an attack upon my right to honestly blog about teaching. Please read it and give me your comments.

Cathy said...

Wow! I'm glad I clicked. Wow. And that's a big chunk of quartz. Very nice photographs.

Was it just lying around on the ground?

threecollie said...

STacy, I have very fond memories of digging there with my dad. I was one of the most fun things I ever did!

Linda, cool! Never been to Alaska and didn't know that it occurred there. I am just letting it sit in the sun by the honey locust tree....

Len, thanks, I love it. I read your piece and what they did to you SHOULD be against the law...oh, wait a minute! I think it is against that big law we have...the Constitution! I hope you get through the misery they are causing you all right and I am glad you are not sitting down and letting them roll right over you.

Cathy, there is a mountain up there where they used to mine feldspar...the quartz and many other amazing mineral occur there.