(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: The ride

Monday, April 28, 2008

The ride




I went along for the ride to return the pin, (due to certain guilt issues). It was gloomy, but spring is springing so enthusiastically that it was nice-ish. There was one place where the road is lined with stone walls and between them and the winding strip of blacktop someone has planted thousands of daffodils. They were in glorious bloom...couldn't get a picture though, sorry. These aren't great...poor light, moving car, but the green was just amazing. The latter road photo is the village of Ames and the building is the Ames museum.

When we got to the auction site the boss asked the man he borrowed the pin from whether he thought he would ever see it again. The guy said, "Yeah, I am a pretty good judge of whether people are telling the truth or not...and besides, you gave me your name."

8 comments:

Jan said...

Scenic drive, good company, guilt issues resolved--probably better than a book.

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the trip-even if you did miss your book.

R.Powers said...

Nice to be trusted.
I'm glad the green has arrived up there.

Anonymous said...

Fred, what road is that?? I'm off to Pittsburg,Pa tomrrow.Get paid to drive this time though!!!!
Love ya Mappy

Anonymous said...

My mom would have said, "the book will keep, the invitation won't".
So, I guess maybe you made the right decision.

threecollie said...

Jan, it was nice...and I did get to finish the book.

Tipper, thanks

FC, it is so intensely green just now it almost makes your eyes ache...but I am sure enjoying the pain

Matt, missed talking to you this weekend! Although it was nice to visit with Lisa. Your chickies are laying two or three eggs every day and we uns are sure enjoying them! There is nothing like a fresh egg!

Nita, it was a hard choice to make. I am a little chicken to ride with the boss much as he often forgets he is not driving a tractor and takes both hands off the wheel and stuff. It was pleasant though. I am just getting grumpy waiting for college and high school and internship to end so we can get on with summer. (Yay summer!) lol

threecollie said...

Matt...I forgot to answer your road question with my very erudite answer..dunno.. lol Somewhere in the wilds between home and Sprout Brook. Or is it Flatt Creek?

Anonymous said...

I had to leave another comment after reading about the "no hands" driving.
I usually drive because my dearest has to tell stories while driving, and he thinks waving his arms around and making sound effects adds to the telling. All I can think of is going off the cliff into the river!