(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Kindness

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kindness


Yesterday the guys went to the regional junk..... er....I mean used farm machinery...auction. Before they left the boss put a draw pin in the back of the truck and tossed some hay on it so it wasn't obvious.

Way too trusting. When they went to hook up the small set of field drags they bought, the draw pin was gone. What kindness! Someone obviously forgot to bring one so they helped themselves. (At least they left the hookup for the horse trailer, which was also there under the hay.)

They were in quite a fix, many, many miles from home and too late in the day to go buy another pin somewhere. However, a complete stranger who was there working on loading machinery loaned them his so they could bring the drags home.

Of course now they have to go back up today to return the pin.
But what kindness, to loan something to someone they didn't know, whom they had no way to know they would ever see again.

However, there are rumblings that they want me to ride along when they take it back. It is cloudy and rainy and I get enough road travel on the daily college trip. It is cold. It is not a very interesting trip. Hmmm....how am I going to get out of this? My Sunday chair is calling, chores are done and I have a real good book. What to do, what to do...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so irritating! But, the kindly person who lent the other pin could probably tell decent folks when he saw them. I hope you get to curl up with your book. (Even though it is nice to be asked to ride along too!)

Anonymous said...

Well glad their was some kindness to replace the down right rudness. Hope you get to enjoy at least part of your book. I love to read-you'll have to share if it turns out to be a great book.

Anonymous said...

Wilson? Wilson? Wilson is a good read??? (says to self: quit laffin, don't let her see you laff, be serious).
Considering the little miracle that happened to offset that nasty incident, I think it would be a nice showing if you went. You can even bring the book.
If someone offered unconditional help and courtesy, it's pretty rare and the one trip is really a drop in the bucket. Doesn't hurt to "Pay it Forward".

threecollie said...

Nita, I guess he really should have known enough to lock in the cab, but still...I love my Sunday reading time. The rest of the week I feel guilty if I park in my chair for a while, but except for chores and milking, Sunday is mine, all mine...

Tipper, thanks, I will probably get a while. My daughter Beck is a big fantasy fan and she shares. I am enjoying this series, although it follows Mercedes Lackey just a bit too closely.

Which brings me to my good friend Steve. I see you laughing there! You can't hide it...Are you picking on me???? Are you teasing me about reading junk on Sunday? Well, dang, you meanie you....lol
As I told Tipper, Becky reads buckets of fantasy. When I am too lazy to go the library I do too...but seriously I am impressed that you recognized the author! I had never heard of her until Beck brought these home.
That being said, I am enjoying them. My reading tastes run heavily to pure recreation. When I was a kid I read all the serious stuff. Now real life is serious enough, so junk food for the mind it is. I am also re-reading my way through all the old Dell Shannons. No PC there.
And I will go...and try not to grumble too much....

Linda said...

Alas in this world there are the bad people but then there are the good people. Just say no and stay at home and read. I'm going to do the same thing:)

Stacy said...

You know, whenever I'm in a really tight spot I've found that someone with the heart of a Samaritin shows up to restore my faith in mankind. Always. I kind of wonder if it isn't God's way of reminding me to trust Him.

threecollie said...

Linda, I ended up going...smoothing over some ruffled feathers because I wasn't exactly ecstatic about the purchase of the drags. It was nice-ish and I did get to finish my book when we got home

STacy, I like that point of view. I try to listen but sometimes.....I don't always hear what he says.

Anguá Mievo said...

muy buena foto.
Excelent shot!!

threecollie said...

mievo, thanks so much!