(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Happy Birthday, Baby Brother

Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby Brother







Matt, Thanks for the chickens both warm and breathing and frozen solid. Hope all the plants grow and thrive, especially Grandpa Lachmayer's rhubarb....

For reference, they are snow in summer, borage, pink and/or white sedum, bee balm, wall pepper, ultra-sweet tomato, cobweb hens and chicks, water lettuce, hornwort and, of course, the rhubarb. Love you kid



****Update, my mama just sent me this lovely old photo of the bouncing baby boy himself. Can you guess what he is doing?

10 comments:

Ontario Wanderer said...

Wonderful presents! Lucky brother!

threecollie said...

OW, lucky me too...he got a few lousy plants, I got live chickens, plus some really nice dinners....he is a real good brother. lol

Anonymous said...

Do you guys just like being born in July or what!

Very thoughtful gifts - much better than Hallmark.

Anonymous said...

Syrup?

Anonymous said...

moonshine? LOL..watch out for them revinuerers!

Great Great gifts!

Anonymous said...

Fred everything is in the dirt hope all grows. thank you very much for the plants. if they grow we will always enjoy them !!!!
you take care. see you SATURDAY!!!!!
camp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love ya
Mappy

Anonymous said...

Fred
When was that taken????? 74 or75 mabe 76??????

Islagringo said...

OMG! It looks like that scene in the movie FARGO!

threecollie said...

Nita...the older brother was born at the end of June....don't know what that signifies. Maybe mom didn't want to have too many parties. lol
And I do love exchanging gifts like that...home made, home grown, always the best

nita, yup. That was back in the days when we made our own.

Anon, now that would have been a thought........lol

Matt, we had some chicken last night. Thanks so much. Wait til you see the picture of the kitty lounging on the rug you made me. (I am recharging the camera batteries just now). I don't know when the photo was taken...a long time ago is for certain. See you Saturday (wait til you hear all that went wrong this week...threw a piston in the 930, shifted the shear bar in the chopper. What a week!)

islagringo, I don't know the movie...I'll have to look for it.

Scott said...

Marianne,

I was going to guess maple syrup, but nita beat me to it.

I highly recommend the movie "Fargo"! What a great film!!!

Scott.