(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Summer skies

Friday, August 22, 2008

Summer skies

Last night the sky was actually this strange red.
I have never seen it this color before.
I didn't think the camera would catch it, but it did.



We are suddenly having a little spell of favorable weather. I saw more hay being rolled up and baled today while Beck and I were driving over to Cobleskill than I have seen so far all summer. I waved to all the farmers dragging rakes and balers and wagons around their fields because I wished them well with all my heart. This has been a horrible summer weatherwise and some clear skies and dry air are long over due. I felt like cheering them all on, especially the elder fellow with the brilliant red umbrella shading him as he tooled along raking up some nice first cutting. He waved back and grinned from ear to ear.


Last night


Anyhow, last night and this morning I took still more sky pictures. I'm sorry but I just can't resist the sky.


Sunrise today

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing pictures. I only saw red in the sky like that when I was driving home and the aurora borealis was shooting red streaks across the Albany skyline.

Anonymous said...

We could see the red sky here too. Sort of made me hold my breath. And HURRAH for dry weather for the hay....it has been a dreadful summer for it.

Deb said...

Absolutely stunning photos! I've never seen the sky that red.
Folks here are making hay like crazy as well. I stopped at the butcher shop yesterday on the way home and found a sign on the door "in the hayfield" :) I pray everyone gets all the hay they need for winter.

~ Sara ~ said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who enjoys taking pictures of the sky... There is tons of hay in the fields around here and if we would just get a good rain there would be a wonderful fall crop of hay.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sky, glad your weather has finally broke. Fall seems to be coming fast.

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

You take amazing sky pictures!

Glad to hear that you're finally getting some good weather

threecollie said...

AMWD, thanks for visiting! I hd never seen anything so red and I really didn't think I could get a photo...but I was lucky.

Teri, it was sure amazing! Lots of hay made yesterday too

Deb, thanks, love the sign!

Sara, wish we could send you rain. We have had much more than enough lately

Nita, thanks, it sure does. Trees are turning already here

Aussie O, thank you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you can't resist-beautiful pictures!

threecollie said...

Thanks, Tipper!