(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Sundae on the Farm

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sundae on the Farm

2006 Sundae on the Farm
at Hu-Hill Farm,
one of my favorites ever

The big event will take place this Sunday, 12-4, at the Conbeer Farm over across the river from us. If you live within driving distance, don't miss the giant free ice cream sundae, live animal demonstrations, horse-drawn wagon rides, live music and all kinds of opportunities to meet farmers and learn about farming. Some events are for fee, but most stuff is free and you sure can have a good time enjoying the beginning of the season.

Sundae on the Farm is always a great time for all involved.. An amazing amount of volunteer hours go into it and the results are worth the effort. I have attended a number of them, sometimes just for fun, and sometimes because I am on the Montgomery County Farm Bureau board of directors and have to do my part. This year I will probably be there and Liz definitely will be. If you are coming let me know and maybe we can meet up.





Here are directions to the event:
From Amsterdam - Rte. 5 West for 8 miles, go through downtown Fonda- about 1 mile, take slight Right onto Hickory Hill Rd. Farm 3.5 miles on right
From Rte 90 (Thruway) – Exit 28, turn Left onto Riverside Dr, at traffic light take Right, at next traffic light turn Left onto Rte. 5 West, 1 mile through downtown take Right onto Hickory Hill Rd, Farm is 3.5 miles on Right

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess when you never read the papers, you don't see the ads for these things. I can't believe I never heard of it. They're right up the road from us, and we get our Christmas trees there!

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Looks like fun!

Freste said...

Um can you give directions from a little further west?

:-)

Glad to know you go back to the favorites. Always fun!

R.Powers said...

Sounds great!
Where is my Star Trek Transporter?!

threecollie said...

akagaga, maybe you can stop by. Each year it is at a different farm in the county and amazingly, despite the immense amount of work it takes, farms are standing in line for a turn to host it. Maybe I will see you there

Nita, it is quite an affair!

STeve, Hop on that big silver tube and swoooshhhhh right on out here. The 4-H kids put on a barbecue that sells out in an hour or two (I have never actually managed to eat any as the lines are so long). I haven't ever been to this farm, but I have heard that it is really nice.

FC, cmon up, it is a lot of fun

Anonymous said...

i think that dad and i will prolly take the day to....... chop feed?

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool! I took llamas to it year before last! It is really fun!

threecollie said...

Alan, maybe...who knows? I don't know what I am doing today, let alone Sundae

Teri, I'll bet I saw them! I go most years unless I am just too tired and need a day to rest. Liz talks about how wonderful your llamas are all the time....and I was just out filling the stove and the little fluffy rooster was crowing. It was the funniest sound!

Breezey375 said...

Tell pepe that I requested his book. He should have it in a couple weeks.

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

That does look fun! Love the picture of the pony.

threecollie said...

Breezey, thanks, he will be glad

Aussie O, thanks, I got such a kick out of how he was getting in from the parking lot....everyone else had to walk. lol