(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "ca-pub-1163816206856645", enable_page_level_ads: true }); Northview Diary: Livestock Contribution to Global Warming

Friday, October 10, 2008

Livestock Contribution to Global Warming





Probably isn't as bad as even the least of the doom sayers think. Seems the folks who blame cows are including deforestation in the Amazon in their figures. Personally....there were a lot of ruminants on this continent (think so many bison that they shook the earth and took hours to pass) when we got here. They all ruminated then and there was no excess of warmth.


***If you are wondering what I am doing making so many posts in one day...well, I just finished making apple jelly and you know how it is...you deserve a break today and all. Plus I dumped a jar on the counter, burning all the fingers on my left hand so...(but you notice I can still type...it hurts but anything for the cause.)

Anyhow the apple pie jelly was a success. I had people coming out of the rafters to taste it as soon as I had the foam skimmed off. I couldn't find the allspice so I just added a little cinnamon and nutmeg, but the result sure is a lot better than plain apple. I will do this again. As soon as I get more sugar, more apples and my fingers feel better.

******PS, Florida Cracker mentioned Picasa 3 in his post today. I have been using 2 for quite a while, but I downloaded 3 to try it. All I can say is WOW! Lots better. Lots

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OW! OW! OW! Hope your fingers are better soon! I feel your pain, as I'm suffering from boiling water splatter burns on the back of my hands from canning apple sauce. It was worth it though. :)

Anonymous said...

Fred ,Ouch!!!!! hope all is well. Jelly looks good !!.Home for the weekend Three days Wow!!!!!!! Monday is a paid holiday also .Makes it even more fun!!! Talk to ya sunday?????
Mappy

Anonymous said...

Dang, if I didn't have my own farm to take care of, I'd be packing a suitcase. Ah, no suitcase, a llama pack. I'd hike it to your place for apple pie jelly - YUMMY! You have the best stuff, and you always make me drool!

threecollie said...

AMWD, amazingly although it hurt for a while it is good today. I was really lucky. sorry to hear about your burns. Hope they are feeling better too.

Matt, glad to hear you are getting a three day. I imagine you need one. Looking forward to talking to you. Love you!

Teri, if Liz gets down your way I will send a jar...

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

I think it all the hot air the liberals are creating that is causing the global warming!

Sorry about the fingers, and I can see why they came out of the woodwork, I could almost smell that jelly myself.

threecollie said...

Nita, Ha! I had to read that to my husband. Bet you are right.
The fingers came through it amazingly well. Should have been damaged much more than they were. thanks